2022 Why You Should Invest in a Whirlpool Bath
A study titled The Effects of a Warm Whirlpool Bath on a Pain and Stiffness of Patients with Chronic Stroke Induced Knee Osteoarthritis investigating the effect of soaking in a whirlpool bath among patients with chronic knee osteoporosis found that the bath reduced stiffness to a significant extent.
The idea that a whirlpool bath could ease the symptoms of arthritis was first conceived by Candido Jacuzzi back in 1943. He developed a hydrotherapy pump to replace the hydrotherapy sessions his son had to undergo for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis after being stricken by rheumatoid fever. The innovation was evolved by Roy Jacuzzi, who introduced the first hot tub with heating and filtration systems in the 1970s. Today, hydrotherapy and jetted baths have become a mainstream luxury addition to bathrooms worldwide.
For many owners for whirlpool baths, the health benefits of soaking in the tub outweigh the luxury aspects of incorporating one in their bathroom design. Here is a rundown of the benefits of owning a whirlpool bath.
1. Whirlpool baths create a swirling motion in the water to provide your body with a gentle massage. If you're looking for a more elevated relaxation experience, it's hard to beat a whirlpool bath.
2. Arthritis can affect any part of the body. The strategic placement of jets in whirlpool baths targets different areas of your body to relieve pain and soreness effectively. The pulsating water motion stimulates blood circulation in the affected joints, reduces muscle spasms, and also has a healing effect on swelling and inflammation.
3. A warm water bath is one of the simple pleasures of life. But a soak in a whirlpool bath with essential oils is something else! Whirlpool baths are designed for hydromassage; you can enhance the experience by adding sage oil – a natural mood-booster – or eucalyptus oil – cough and cold remedy – or any other essential oil fortified with health benefits.
4. Hot baths have been seen to stimulate the release of toxins from the tissues to the bloodstream and liver. The Greeks, Romans, Scandinavians, and Native Americans have been using heat treatments, such as hot baths, for centuries.
5. Whirlpool baths have a calming effect on the mind, alleviate anxiety, and induce sleep. If you have a hard time getting restful sleep, a daily routine of soaking in a whirlpool bath prior to bedtime can help manage sleeplessness.
If you’ve been back and forth on whether or not a whirlpool bath is right for you, we hope our short guide has helped bring a little clarity. From here, you can explore our ever-growing range of affordable whirlpool baths, or call our team with any questions today.